Minnesota Continuing Education Requirements:
|Total Hours||Mandatory||Elective Hours|
Attention Minnesota Students
Please check the courses in your package so that you're not repeating courses in the same 2-year cycle, and take a moment to review your account before purchasing.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Support team via phone, email, or chat, and we'd be happy to assist.
Minnesota Continuing Education Packages
|Total Hours||Elective Hours||Mandatory Hours||Price||Add To Cart|
Minnesota State Requirement Details for Real Estate Continuing Education
Renewal Date: 6/30 every two years (annual CE requirement is 15 hours)
Please Note: Although the renewal date is 6/30, all CE must be completed by 6/15
Hours Required: Licensees are required to obtain 30 hours of continuing education every 2 years. You must complete 15 hours of education each year within that 2-year period.
- A licensee must complete a mandatory module each licensing year as part of the 15 hours.
- A licensee must obtain 1 hour of credit in the area of fair housing for each 2-year license period.
- A licensee must obtain 1 hour of credit in the area of agency law for each 2-year license period.
Seat Time: The Minnesota Department of Commerce requires that all students spend a minimum amount of seat time engaged in the course content. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
Max Hours in a 24-Hour Period: Minnesota real estate licensees will not receive credit for more than 8 hours of continuing education in a 24-hour period. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
Note: Credit may not be earned if the licensee has previously obtained credit for the same course as either a student or instructor during the same licensing period.
The CE Shop is an approved provider in Minnesota.
Provider Approval Number: 21006660
The CE Shop’s Offering: 30 hours with 15 hours required for each year in the two-year renewal cycle.
MN Required Module – 7/1/21 to 6/30/22 Required Module - The History of Diversity in Homeownership (This 2021/2022 Module also Satisfies the 1-Hour Broker Module Requirement and the 1-Hour Fair Housing Requirement)
Fair Housing in Minnesota Law – 1-hour Fair Housing (may be taken any time during the 2-year period)
Minnesota Agency Law – 1-hour Agency (may be taken any time during the 2-year period)
Reporting: The state requires schools to report course completions within seven to ten days from the course completion date. Course completions will be reported within this time frame.
Expiration Date of Course: Course expiration dates vary by course but are generally one year after order date. Each individual course will have an expiration date listed in your account.
Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with at least a 75% and may be taken as many times as necessary in order to pass. Per MN rules, licensees are not allowed to view the details of their final exam results.
Certificates: Immediately upon real estate course completion, The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic copy of the course certificate of completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies at a later time. Please refer to your renewal application to determine if you need to submit your certificate(s) of completion with your renewal. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date on your certificate of completion will reflect this.
Newly Licensed Salesperson CE Requirements: A brand new salesperson or a brand-new broker (in their initial renewal period) have until their first renewal to complete all of their 30 hours of CE and are only required to complete the module that is due at their renewal.
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew.
The renewal deadline is 4:30 PM Central Standard Time on June 30.
If you do not see your CE courses on MN Pulse Portal:
- Please make sure you are viewing the "Current Period"
- Please make sure your pop-up blocker is off, as the CE transcripts open in a new window. It may take a couple of minutes for the window to open.
- Please make sure you have selected the correct license type. The default license type is Salesperson, so if you are a Broker you will only see past Salesperson courses unless you change the license type.
- There may be CE courses listed on more than one page. Please click "Next" to view each page of your CE transcripts. Your most recently reported courses may not be on the first page.
- If you are a licensee in inactive status, Pulse Portal will not display your CE credits. Please contact the MN Dept. of Commerce to verify that they have received your courses.
- If you still cannot view your CE, you may contact Pulse Portal at 866.274.4756 or the MN Dept. of Commerce at 651.539.1599.