Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
2 Hr. Virginia Fair Housing
As the minority housing market continues to grow, it is essential for real estate professionals to be able to spot and avoid discriminatory practices. Agents who understand the guidelines set forth in the Fair Housing Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and other related laws are better able to provide their customers, clients, and communities with quality, professional service.
This 2-hour Virginia Fair Housing course, which meets the fair housing CE requirement for all renewing salespersons and brokers, covers the foundational aspects of Fair Housing Act in an effort to protect the interests of the real estate community and beyond.
Course highlights include:
- A review of the classes protected under federal and state fair housing laws
- Guidelines for avoiding discriminatory advertising practices against any protected classes
- An examination of actions that are prohibited under federal and state fair housing laws and the steps necessary to seek recourse for violations
- Descriptions of the different types of discrimination seen in the real estate industry
- A look at red-flag behavior patterns that may signal discriminatory practices in other real estate industry professionals
- Real-life case studies that demonstrate violations of fair housing laws and show how court systems have dealt with these issues
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context